Here at Cupcake Dropoff we are all about celebrating cupcakes. Some of you may remember reading our previous blog last month about National Chocolate Cupcake Day?
Either way, this Saturday, November 10th is National Vanilla Cupcake Day and we couldn’t be more excited.
Vanilla gets a bad rap sometimes, considered to be the more “plain” selection in the bakery display window. But we’re traditionalists here as well as lovers of any baked good or dessert, really. And vanilla cupcakes will always be a favorite in the kitchens at Cupcake Dropoff.
Because you already learned so much about cupcakes, here are some fun facts about vanilla itself, just in time for National Vanilla Cupcake Day 2018.
Did you know:
- Vanilla is the only fruit-bearing and edible orchid in the world?
- The flower that produces the vanilla bean lasts only one day.
- Vanilla beans are hand-picked and then cured, wrapped, and dried in a process that takes 4-6 months before they are packaged and shipped to be sold
- Vanilla is a native plant of Mexico
- Vanilla is the second-most expensive spice in the world, behind only saffron
At Cupcake Dropoff, we offer our classic Vanilla Cupcakes in a half or full-dozen size order, and you can even get the deliciousness miniaturized with our Mini Cupcakes.
Make sure you reach out to us now, visit our website cupcakedropoff.com now to place your order for some of our favorite Vanilla Cupcakes to be delivered to you or someone special in time to celebrate National Vanilla Cupcake day 2018!